Doing some housecleaning this month. While I’m on front line support for my just released app I had a few infrastructure task to do. Specifically:
(And since I’m a one man dev & admin shop for K2 & MOSS, I get to do this all…)
1. Get staging farm to parity with prod farm. K2 & SP both.
2. Get staging farm up to SP2 & all CU. Test the beezwax out of it.
3. Update prod to SP2 and all CU.
4. Upgrade just relased app to Silverlight 3. Test the beezwax out of it.
5. Clean up new app code. Produce cook book for all SL + K2 future apps.
6. Add 2 Win2k8R2 to test farm. Move web hosting duties to the new servers.
7. Add 2 Win2k8R2 to prod farm. Move web hosting duties to the new servers.
8. Update desktop to Win7 64 bit. Build Win2k8R2 32 bit VM w/ K2 , Moss SP2 & VS2008 on it.
Anyway, while I’m doing this, I run across this little nugget in the CU:
Now this kb applies to MOSS & WSS, but it seems to be referencing a fix to a platform combo you can only get if
you do Bamboo’s little XP/Vista/Win7 jailbreak app to install wss and/or moss on a client os.
So does this mean we’re going to see tacit or official support for wss/moss on Win7 at some point?